Sunday, November 22, 2009

Final Project

Performance Play-dress

For my final project, I decided to explore Wearable technologies. With clothing we should express ourselves. I always wanted to create a dress that moves according to body movements. I was first inspired by the Art performances of Atsuko Tanaka and Yoko Ono, and the magic technicality of Hussein Chalayan dresses. I will play with textile transformation and movements. My aim is do make a short film with someone wearing the dress. I would like to film different people wearing the dress to get different data.

I will use stretch sensors, hand made bend sensors, and servos to pull and push different areas of the dress. I would also like to play with switches.

For now, I am at the stage to sketch different ideas for the dress and decide what and how many sensors I will need.

This project will be a great challenge. There are so much details to figure out in not so much time.

Here are some photos of my work in progress...




I found that old summer hat, that I think is really inspiring...

No comments:

Post a Comment