Thursday, December 3, 2009

In process...





Ok, I think I figured out what I would like to do. I have been interested in D scanning for a while now, so I decided to play with geometry and polygons. The dress will be made of thick gray felt. There will be metal strips sewn into the creases in order to create an internal skeleton. I will strategically place loops at the end of metal strips to transform the shape when pulled. I will use 2 or 3 servos to modify the dress. One will be at the back of the neck, and the others at the back waist line. For sensors, I will use a stretch sensor between the legs, a bend sensor on one side of the body suit, and a weight sensor located close to toes on one foot. When the wearer will move, the dress will transform and take another shape, like 3D geometrical muscles. There will be 3 different areas on the dress where polygons will form and origami flowers will open. The three sensors will send information to processing and the data will come back to the servos. One servo will be integrated at the back neck of the dress and 2 others at back waist. I am using a Lilypad Arduino to run the circuit.

I am still planning to film the dress in movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment