Sunday, September 13, 2009

FashionCamp and IMC Studios

Last weekend, I attended the “Fashioncamp” at ITP in New York City. I was really interested to see what’s new in terms of wearable technology. After attending to two seminars, I realized that everybody was presenting and talking about wearable technologies as new commercial products, and not as a mean of artistic expression. As a fashion/costume designer, human expression is the main goal of my work. I believe that new technologies bring us closer to out inner self.


I also went to see the IMC exposition at their studio on Morton Street in the Greenwich Village. The exposition explored how our relationships to our cities and to each other are being completely transformed by new media. Focusing on cutting-edge interactive billboards, immersive environments, video games, 3D maps, video art, and mobile technology, the exposition featured media art and innovative technologies, many of which can be controlled by the audience via body movement, voice, and cell phone.

Here is their website: http://www.imcexpo.net/?page_id=10

I had the chance to see the interactive light Sculpture by Jason Krugman, “Fireflies”.


And the work of Celina Alvarado.

http://celinaalvarado.com/?i=1


1 comment: