Sunday, September 20, 2009

Fantasy Device

I have been thinking about what would be my fantasy device for the past couple days. I made a list of ideas:

-I don’t like making decisions in general. When I wake up in the morning, I would love to have a device that would pick my “outfit of the day”. It would have to read the outside temperature, my mood and my schedule. Then it would provide photos of all the items from my wardrobe for that day.

-I always want to write notes on myself. I like to be organized, and I am always afraid to forget things. Maybe I could have a scarf that listen to my voice and write in conductive ink my thoughts and notes so I just have to look at my scarf to remember instead of pulling a pen and a piece of paper every time. I couldn’t just record my voice because I am very visual and I need to see to remember.

-Maybe mechanism that would make my bed in the morning.

-Sometimes, I would like to just travel for few hours and come back. When I am researching online, even if we have so much information I would like to teleport myself to the location I am looking at on the web.

-With the problems in the figure skating marking system, that would be good to have a device that would grade your jumps and spins. The device would be on your skates. It would measure your speed, the height and the length of your jumps, number of rotations and the landing. For the spin, it would measure the number of spin, your position, your flexibility…etc. Judges would have to judge the artistic and other things out the technicality.

-I have been dreaming of a device that would change the thread on my sewing machine. I would have to scan the fabric, then it would recognize the color and prepare the plain and the Overlock machine for me (like home depot paint).

-Be able to change my environment. I would love to have LED screen on each wall and ceiling of my apartment. I would be able to change environment by just pressing a button. It would then recreate a 3D environment all around me. Ie. I want to be in the Amazon, I want to be by the beach…..

-I would like to create a dress that says “hi” to everyone that passes.

No comments:

Post a Comment